The Manhattan Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, disability, ethnicity, pregnancy, age, military status, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Applications are accepted only when an opening exists. We do not keep applications on file to consider for future job openings. Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
Teen Services Librarian
We are looking for a dynamic individual to plan and execute services for youth in grades 6 to 12. Our ideal candidate will have enthusiasm for working with teens and knowledge of young adult literature. The ability to demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential.
The responsibilities for this position include:
- Identifies needs for teens in the community, and plans and coordinates services to meet those needs.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all ages, including reference and readers advisory.
- Manages the Teen Zone as a safe and positive space for teens to hang out, study, navigate a complex world, improve literacy, and develop workforce readiness.
- Maintains an engaging teen area with displays and other passive readers advisory.
- Administers the teen volunteer program.
- Partners with local schools and organizations to serve the needs of community teens.
Requires completion of a minimum of 50% of course credits toward a master’s of library science from an (ALA) accredited university, one year of experience working with teens, and one year of library experience. This is a 40 hour/week position, including days, evenings, and weekends. The starting salary is $18.69/hour and includes a generous benefits package. Submit application and resume by November 1, 2021.
To apply online, click here.
Or, print and fill out an application for employment. You may also pick up an application form at the library.
Deliver or mail the completed paper application by the deadline indicated to:
Manhattan Public Library 629 Poyntz Avenue Manhattan, KS 66502