Volunteer Positions (Age 18 or older)
How to Apply for a Volunteer Position
- Fill out the online volunteer application form here.
- -OR- Print and fill out the Volunteer Application. Turn in the application at Circulation, the Administration office, or mail to Human Resources, Manhattan Public Library, 629 Poyntz Avenue, Manhattan, KS 66502.
- You will be contacted for an interview if your preferences and the library needs match the volunteer job description.
- After the interview, accepted volunteers will attend an orientation before starting the position.
Applications are accepted on a first come, first served basis. There are a limited number of positions available, and unfortunately we are not able to hire everyone who applies. If you are not accepted the first time you apply, please try again. For other volunteer opportunities, check out information about the Manhattan Library Association.
Who can volunteer?
- Anyone interested in supporting the library.
- Anyone without a criminal record.
- We do not accept volunteers for court appointed community service.
- Those who can commit to volunteering for at least six months or for the defined term of a project.
What do volunteers do?
- Help with kids’ events and storytimes
- Label and cover new books
- Repair books
- Assist with public relations projects and tasks
- Assist with other tasks as assigned
When do volunteers work?
- Times are based on the availability of volunteers and the needs of the library
Why should I volunteer?
- Make a difference in your community
- Feel good about yourself
- Make friends and have fun
Contact Teri Belin at (785) 320-5375 or terib@MHKLibrary.org