Updated July 12, 2021:
- There is limited seating at tables and in the Reading Room, 2nd floor, 1st floor, and the Children’s Room.
- Browse the entire collection at your convenience. We ask you to keep your visit short and sweet.
- Holds are available via the library’s online catalog. Notices will be sent when items are available for pick up.
- Public computers are available on the 2nd floor. No appointment is necessary.
- Print, copy, and fax services are available on the 2nd floor. No appointment is necessary.
- The outdoor Wi-Fi network (Library Outdoor Wireless) is available and free to use in the library’s parking lot. 8 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. every day.
- Self-check stations are available for no-contact checkout.
- Virtual programs will continue with Take-and-Make craft kits and online videos. In-person programs are safely being introduced, view the events flyer for more information.
- One-on-one technology training is available in-person and via Zoom, call (785) 776-4741 ext. 302 to schedule a meeting today.
- Book donations.
- Rosie’s Corner – The Friends of the Manhattan Public Library used book corner.
Services Not Yet Available
- The Teen Zone.
- Interactive activities in the Children’s Room.
Check Out Limits
How many items can I check out on my library card and how long can I borrow them?
|Items||Loan Period||Item Limit|
|All Print Books||21 days||no limit|
|Video Games||14 days||2|
|Playaway Audiobooks||21 days||1|
|Older Magazines||21 days||10|
|Story Kits/Discovery Packs||21 days||1|
|Interlibrary Loan Items|
Rules for Everyone’s Safety
Precautions are in place for the safety of customers and staff, including:
- Stay home if you are sick, in quarantine, or have been around someone who is sick or in quarantine.
- Masks are not required but recommended for anyone not vaccinated.
- Maintain social distancing of at least 6-feet between yourself and other people who are not from your household.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Our Digital Library has a variety of ebooks, audiobooks, streaming movies, popular magazines, and more free with your library card.
Vaccinations, Testing, Health Guidance & Data