- Manhattan Public Library – 629 Poyntz Avenue
- City Park – 1101 Freemont Street
- Near the splash park and playground area
- City Park Pool
- Wefald Pavilion and GMT Family Center Ice Rink
- Douglass Community Recreation Center – 900 Yuma Drive
To access free Wi-Fi:
- Connect to “Library Wireless” on your device
- Open a browser (Google Chrome, Explorer, etc.)
- Accept the library’s terms and conditions
Whitespace Project for Free Mobile Internet Access
An experiment to deliver public library Internet access to remote locations is underway.
The pilot project, Kansas K20-Librarians Whitespace Pilot, was coordinated by the State Library, and also involved the Kansas City and Lawrence Public Libraries. The Manhattan Public Library was the only library to successfully implement Whitespace technology and now provides internet access to four remote locations.
Wi-Fi equipment was installed in cooperation with the Manhattan Parks and Recreation Department.
This project is an initiative of the national Gigabit Libraries Network’s Libraries Super Wi-Fi Project that makes use of abandoned analog TV frequencies. More information about the national initiative can be found at http://giglibraries.net