- On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong
- When Katie Met Cassidy by Camille Perri
- Juliet Takes a Breath by Gabby Rivera
- Prudence by David Treuer
- The Paying Guests by Sarah Waters
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle
- Sister Outsider by Audre Lorde
- She’s Not There by Jennifer Finney Boylan
- Wow, No Thank You by Samantha Irby
- Tomorrow Will Be Different by Sarah McBride
- More nonfiction
Manhattan Area Resources
- Equality Kansas aims to end discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity through education, public policy advocacy, and political action.
- Flint Hills Human Rights Project supports the lesbian, gay, bi, and transgender members of the Flint Hills community.
- LGBT Resource Center at K-State is dedicated to supporting LGBT members of the K-State and surrounding communities to be more secure, educated, and productive in their personal and professional surroundings.
- Flint Hills LGBTQ+ Support Group – Manhattan area organization created to support LGBTQ+ people, their parents and families, and allies. Email contact.
- The Little Apple Pride Parade was launched in 2010 so that the LGBTQ Community and Allies could show support and pride for themselves and the people they care about.
- S.A.G.A. (K-State) is an organization for those that identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning or are an ally to our community.
- Family Equality‘s mission is to advance legal and lived equality for LGBTQ families, and for those who wish to form them, through building community, changing hearts and minds, and driving policy change.
- GLBT: The GLBT National Help Center is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization that is dedicated to meeting the needs of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (GLBT) community and those questioning their sexual orientation and gender identity. Find resources near you by entering your zip code into the resource generator.
- GMLA: Health professionals advancing LGBTQ equality. Find a Queer-friendly doctor on their website.
- Human Rights Campaign provides information and advice on a range of topics, including state scorecards, laws & legislation, Corporate Equality Index, and ways to get involved.
- PFLAG is the first and largest organization for LGBTQ+ people, their parents and families, and allies.
- The Trevor Project has counselors available 24/7 and FAQs.