How to Register
Register online starting May 19th or at the library starting on June 1st. (Make sure to stop by the library after June 1 to pick up your summer reading tool kit.)
- Register by age group at: Children, Teens or Adults
- Click the Sign Me Up button on the page for your age group.
- Complete the registration form.
- Username: Can be 4-20 characters. We recommend using your first and last name without spaces. Example: johnsmith
- Password: Can be 4-12 characters. We recommend using the last four digits of your phone number. Example: 1234
- Press Save.
- You’ll see a confirmation screen with your user name and password.
- If you included your email address in your registration, you’ll receive an email confirmation too.
- Start logging your reading time beginning June 1.
How to Record Reading Time
- Log in to your reading account from the Summer Reading Program link at the top of this page, from the library’s homepage, or the library catalog’s homepage.
- Click on Add/View Log
- Record the amount of time spent reading or the number of books read, depending on your program.
- Click Save
note: For information about the goals and prizes for your particular program, see the “Important Messages” section on your summer reading home page.
- My user name or password doesn’t work.
Visit the library to re-set your password. Please bring proof of identification, just in case. Kids, please bring a parent unless you have your own library account.
- I made a mistake logging minutes or books read.Log in to your reading account and click “add/view log.” Insert (-) minus sign and the number of minutes or books you wish to deduct.ex: If you entered “200” instead of “20,” enter “-180″ to correct the total.Call the library at 776-4741 if you need further assistance.
- Why hasn’t my book review/comment posted yet?
Book reviews and comments are monitored and approved by staff before they are posted.
- What if I want to post a review but not record any reading time?Place a zero (0) in the time log area and then you can proceed with posting your review.
- If you have any other questions, please contact us.
2014 Summer Reading Sponsors
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Bourbon & Baker
- Carmike Cinemas
- Cox Brothers BBQ
- The Dusty Bookshelf
- Famous Dave’s
- Flint Hills Discovery Center
- Harry’s Restaurant
- Hazel Hill Chocolates
- Jimmy John’s
- Manhattan Kiwanis Club
- Manhattan Library Association
- Noodles & Company
- Papa Murphy’s
- Pizza Ranch
- Purple Swirl Frozen Yogurt
- Sunset Zoo
- Taco Bell
- Texas Roadhouse
- Varsity Donuts
- Vista Drive-In
- Westloop Floral
- Wildcat Creek Golf and Fitness