by Judi Nechols, Adult Services Librarian
Are you new to Manhattan, or are you looking for a local organization or support group? From garden clubs to autism support groups, you can find the resources you’re looking for in the Manhattan Public Library’s catalog.
Here’s how to find community groups in town:
- Click the “Catalog” button on the library’s homepage www.mhklibrary.org
- Then, click the “Community” tab at the top of the catalog
- From here, you can search with a keyword, such as “gardening.” If you aren’t sure what you are looking for, you can also browse all of the listings
- When you find an organization that interests you, click for contact information, meeting times, and links to a website or Facebook page
- The column on the left of the page also lists a variety of organizations related to your search
You’ll also notice that when you search for books or other materials in the catalog, related organizations will be listed on the left of the screen.
Manhattan Public Library has had information about community resources available for many years and in many formats. Last year, the library added the Community Information database to our online catalog, and Adult Services staff entered the information for the 280 groups that are currently listed. By incorporating this into our catalog, the information is always available on our web site, 24 hours a day, from wherever you are at!
If you are part of a non-profit or service organization in Manhattan that is not listed in our Community Information catalog and you would like to be listed, please contact us at 776-4741 x141. We can complete a registration form and enter your contact information so that your group may be included!
Latest posts by Judi (see all)
- All things Austen! – December 19, 2014
- 2014 Shaara Prize for Civil War Fiction Goes to “Nostalgia” – December 18, 2014
- City Cemetery Information – December 16, 2014
- Icons in the World of Music: The Latest in Unforgettable Biographies – December 14, 2014
- Gingerbread Decorating Day(December 13) – December 13, 2014