Mary Newkirk, Adult Services Librarian
Celebrate with a really easy and delicious recipe courtesy of Taste of Home.
Easy Peach Pie
6 medium-size ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
1 unbaked 9-inch deep dish pastry shell
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
Pre-heat oven to 400-degrees F. Arrange peach slices in the bottom of the pastry shell. In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour and salt; stir in cream until mixture is smooth, then pour over peaches.
Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until filling is almost set. Serve warm or cold, with ice cream or whipped cream on top.
**note: this recipe can also be made using canned peaches
Enjoy many other irresistible fruit desserts found in Seasonal Fruit Desserts From Orchard, Farm and Market by Deborah Madison and Rustic Fruit Desserts: Crumbles, Buckles, Cobblers, Pandowdies and More by Cory Schreiber and Julie Richardson.
Latest posts by Judi (see all)
- A Fable for Our Times: The Buried Giant – March 29, 2015
- Monarchs Baseball History at MPL – March 26, 2015
- Spring is here! (?) – March 20, 2015
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Manhattan – March 11, 2015
- March Events at the Library Include Baseball and Charles Dickens – March 8, 2015