Election Day is August 5th

by Judi Nechols, Adult Services Librarian

voteThe summer has flown by and it’s already election time—Primary Elections will be held in Riley County on August 5. The Riley County Clerk’s web site has LOTS of information about voter registration and elections.

Although voter registration is closed for the upcoming primaries, you still have time to register to vote in the General Election held on November 4, 2014. The last day to register to vote in the General Election is October 14, 2014. To register to vote, you will need:

  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship
  • A Completed Voter Registration Application, available online or at the County Clerk’s office. Mail your completed form or walk-in to the Riley County Clerk’s Office at 110 Courthouse Plaza to finish your registration. There are also many places around town and throughout Riley County to pick up a Voter Registration Application, including at the check-out desk at Manhattan Public Library!
  • Your voter registration information and sample ballot for the Primary Election are also available at the County Clerk’s web site.  Enter your name, birthdate and county to view a sample ballots for either Democrat or Republican candidates, your personal voting history, and where your polling place is located. For the Primary Election, your ballot will be available according to your party affiliation. If you are Unaffiliated, you may choose a party ballot when you go to the polling place, but you must declare your party affiliation when you select a ballot.

Advance voting is conveniently located on the second floor of the Riley County Office Building, weekdays through August 1, 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, and Saturday August 2 from 8:00 am until noon. The last day for advance voting is Monday, August 4 from 8:00 am until noon.

To vote in advance or at your polling places (open 7am to 7pm on Tuesday, August 5), every voter must show a photo ID. Acceptable forms of identification include:

  • Kansas Drivers’ License
  • U.S. Passport
  • U.S. Military ID
  • Student ID from an accredited post-secondary institution in Kansas
  • Employee ID or badge issued by a government office
  • Public Assistance ID card
  • Concealed Carry or Handgun License issued by a state government

If you have any questions about your registration or the elections, please contact the Riley County Clerk’s Office at 785-537-6300.

Posted in: For Adults, News

Leave a Comment (0) ↓

Leave a Comment