Doesn’t the idea of ICE sound appealing to you in these hot days of summer? Follow the Flint Hills Discovery Center back in time to the chilly era of wolly mammoths. Ice Age programs for everyone will be held this summer until September. Coming up on June 21 for ages 6-8: “Mammoths and More” and on the 24th, “Ice Age Fossils” for ages 4-5. Manhattan Public has many books on the Ice Age for adults including: Journey to the Ice Age: Mammoths and Other Animals in the Wild and Ice Age Mammals of North America: a Guide to the Big, the Hairy and the Bizarre; Twilight of the Mammoths, and Ice Age Extinctions and the Re-Wilding of America. Our children’s collection has a delightful list on fossils and Ice Age stories including You Wouldn’t Want to Be a Mammoth Hunter; A Woolly Mammoth Journey and After the Dinosaurs, Mammoths and Fossil animals; and many others including stories–just perfect to read to little ones.
Latest posts by Judi (see all)
- Old-Fashioned Gentle Reads for Summer – August 19, 2014
- Sherlocked – August 17, 2014
- Book News – August 15, 2014
- Classic reading for lovers of English gardens, village life, and country houses – August 13, 2014
- Coming Soon to Theater Near You–Favorite Books Made into Movies! – August 10, 2014