Doesn’t the idea of ICE sound appealing to you in these hot days of summer? Follow the Flint Hills Discovery Center back in time to the chilly era of wolly mammoths. Ice Age programs for everyone will be held this summer until September. Coming up on June 21 for ages 6-8: “Mammoths and More” and on the 24th, “Ice Age Fossils” for ages 4-5. Manhattan Public has many books on the Ice Age for adults including: Journey to the Ice Age: Mammoths and Other Animals in the Wild and Ice Age Mammals of North America: a Guide to the Big, the Hairy and the Bizarre; Twilight of the Mammoths, and Ice Age Extinctions and the Re-Wilding of America. Our children’s collection has a delightful list on fossils and Ice Age stories including You Wouldn’t Want to Be a Mammoth Hunter; A Woolly Mammoth Journey and After the Dinosaurs, Mammoths and Fossil animals; and many others including stories–just perfect to read to little ones.
Latest posts by Judi (see all)
- A Fable for Our Times: The Buried Giant – March 29, 2015
- Monarchs Baseball History at MPL – March 26, 2015
- Spring is here! (?) – March 20, 2015
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Manhattan – March 11, 2015
- March Events at the Library Include Baseball and Charles Dickens – March 8, 2015