by Judi Nechols, Adult Services Librarian
It’s a common point of frustration, because many authors are now writing series that feature a main character throughout. Thankfully, there is an easy way to solve this mystery and find out if a title is part of a series. The library’s catalog can help you find the title to pick next, or even first. If you would like to read a series, such as C.J. Box’s Joe Pickett Series, here’s how to begin:
- If you happened to pick up Box’s book “Winterkill” on the shelf, go to the library’s online catalog and type Winterkill in the search box. You can also begin by typing the author’s name or any part of the title you want to explore.
- When the search results pop up, click on the title “Winterkill.” The book listing, including summary, publication date, and location will pop up.
- If you scroll down, you’ll find a tab that says “Suggestions and more” with a drop-down icon.
- Here, you will find “Books in This Series” with a complete listing of all the titles in sequential order. Click a title to find the book’s location and availability.
- Read and enjoy!
This is a fairly new feature in our catalog, but it is one that can help you find the right title every time. There are also recommendations for read-alike series or titles—be sure to scroll down to find lots of helpful information.
We also offer personalized reading lists, full of suggestions customized to your specific tastes. The service is free; just fill out this form and we’ll send you a list of books we think you’ll enjoy.
Librarians are here to help. Anytime you need assistance finding a title or would like to learn catalog search tips, please feel free to ask us!
Latest posts by Judi (see all)
- A Fable for Our Times: The Buried Giant – March 29, 2015
- Monarchs Baseball History at MPL – March 26, 2015
- Spring is here! (?) – March 20, 2015
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Manhattan – March 11, 2015
- March Events at the Library Include Baseball and Charles Dickens – March 8, 2015