Do you go around the house whistling about your favorite things? When you see an OK license plate, do you burst into singing O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A? Are you tempted to wash that man right out of your hair? If so, you can be glad that Oscar Hammerstein was born on this day in 1895. The lyricist, playwright and producer teamed up with Jerome Kern and with Richard Rodgers to bring to the stage such delightful musicals as The Sound of Music, Oklahoma, The King and I, Carousel and South Pacific. They teamed up to create so many memorable songs that remain popular today. What a talent! Check our catalog for CD’s and DVD’s of these musicals!
Latest posts by Judi (see all)
- In Defense of the Graphic Novel – September 21, 2014
- Upcoming Book Discussions – September 19, 2014
- Library Tips and Tricks: Readers Advisory at the Library – September 17, 2014
- The Reader’s Bill of Rights – September 13, 2014
- World Suicide Prevention Day – September 10, 2014