Each year on Mother’s Day, The Flint Hills Iris Society invites visitors to view the spectacular array of blooming irises at the KSU Gardens. The Iris Collection includes hundreds of varieties, from tall bearded to Dwarf and Siberian. Members of the Iris Society will be on hand to answer questions about the care and planting of irises. Not that it’s possible to choose, but visitors will also get to vote on their favorite variety and the top five irises will be announced at a later date.
The KSU Gardens are located at 1500 Denison Ave and are open from dawn to midnight. Parking is available in the lot off of Denison, just northeast of the Conservatory.
To learn more about Irises, check out one of the many gardening books here at MPL, such as Irises: A Gardeners Encyclopedia by Claire Austin.
Latest posts by Judi (see all)
- All things Austen! – December 19, 2014
- 2014 Shaara Prize for Civil War Fiction Goes to “Nostalgia” – December 18, 2014
- City Cemetery Information – December 16, 2014
- Icons in the World of Music: The Latest in Unforgettable Biographies – December 14, 2014
- Gingerbread Decorating Day(December 13) – December 13, 2014