Flint Hills Day is the celebration of the ecoregion and the culture and history of the Kaw Indian Nation. Activities outside the Discovery Center kick off at 7 a.m. with Run for the Hills fun run/walk, followed by a geocaching event from 10 a.m. to noon. Activities inside the FHDC from noon to 4 p.m. include: live raptor demonstration by Milford Nature Center, Kaw Nation displays and activities for all ages, music by “The Skirts,” food vendors and gift store displays. At 6 p.m. the Kaw Nation will dance in the Blue Earth Plaza. Admission is charged to the Discovery Center. Find out more about our home, the Flint Hills, at your library!
Latest posts by Judi (see all)
- Traveling for the Holidays? – December 22, 2014
- All things Austen! – December 19, 2014
- 2014 Shaara Prize for Civil War Fiction Goes to “Nostalgia” – December 18, 2014
- City Cemetery Information – December 16, 2014
- Icons in the World of Music: The Latest in Unforgettable Biographies – December 14, 2014