Flint Hills Day is the celebration of the ecoregion and the culture and history of the Kaw Indian Nation. Activities outside the Discovery Center kick off at 7 a.m. with Run for the Hills fun run/walk, followed by a geocaching event from 10 a.m. to noon. Activities inside the FHDC from noon to 4 p.m. include: live raptor demonstration by Milford Nature Center, Kaw Nation displays and activities for all ages, music by “The Skirts,” food vendors and gift store displays. At 6 p.m. the Kaw Nation will dance in the Blue Earth Plaza. Admission is charged to the Discovery Center. Find out more about our home, the Flint Hills, at your library!
Latest posts by Judi (see all)
- Celebrate Chemistry Week! – October 24, 2014
- October is “National Stop Bullying” Month. – October 23, 2014
- Author Visit: Diane Eickhoff , author of “Clarina Nichols and the Pioneering Crusade for Women’s Rights” – October 21, 2014
- Share Books to Introduce Fire Safety – October 19, 2014
- National Food Bank Week – October 17, 2014