This is Kansas Severe Weather Awareness Week, and ManhattanPublic Library has lots of information about weather and tornadoes to keep everyone informed about these storms! Tornado Alley: Monster Storms of the Great Plains by Howard Bluestein (551.53) discusses the history of tornadoes in the plains and the scientific advances that allow for better prediction of these storms today. Big weather : chasing tornadoes in the heart of America by Mark Svenvold (551.553) tells the story of storm chasers who put their lives on the line to learn about how these deadly storms form. Deadliest Tornadoes (DVD 070 Documentary) looks at the scientists trying to understand 2011’s tornado outbreak in an effort to improve forecasting and prediction. There are many more resources available–check them out!
Latest posts by Judi (see all)
- A Fable for Our Times: The Buried Giant – March 29, 2015
- Monarchs Baseball History at MPL – March 26, 2015
- Spring is here! (?) – March 20, 2015
- Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Manhattan – March 11, 2015
- March Events at the Library Include Baseball and Charles Dickens – March 8, 2015