Welcome to the Technology Center Classroom
Located on the first floor of the library in the Technology Center on the west side of the building. The classroom has 19 computers with seats and a laptop for the instructor. It may be reserved for instructional and training purposes only.
The computer classroom is equipped with:
- 19 networked computers with high-speed Internet access featuring the Windows 8 Pro operating system. Windows 8.1 coming soon.
- Built in screen
- A video projector built into the ceiling
- Capacity to project from VHS or computer
- Tabletop lectern
- A dry erase white board
- Laser pointer
- Audio amplifiers, speakers
- New: Microsoft Office 2013 productivity software including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Headphones at each computer
- Laptop for instructor
Installation of additional software for specific needs of various customers onto classroom computers is limited and may be unavailable. Due to security and reliability, software will not be installed on any library server. Servers may not be added to the library’s network. Any modification to library computers may only be done by library staff. Groups are responsible for ensuring that any software not provided by the library meets copyright and licensing rules and regulations.
If a library staff member is required to operate or configure equipment in the computer class room there will be a $40 minimum charge with an additional $20 per hour after the first hour. There is no charge for basic troubleshooting.