Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a service offered by Manhattan Public Library (MPL) to its cardholders. If you need materials, either print or audiovisual, that MPL does not own, we will try to borrow them for you from another library. We will first look for the materials at other libraries in Kansas; if the materials are not available in-state, you may request that we continue the search nationwide. In order to use the ILL service, your library account must be in good standing (no outstanding charges of $5.00 or more on your card). If an item you want is owned by MPL but is checked out and long overdue (3 months or more) or can’t be found after a search period, you may place an ILL request to borrow that item from another library. Book discussion group sets available in Kansas libraries.
In order to borrow items for our patrons through this service, Manhattan Public Library must remain in good standing with other lending libraries by honoring their rules and due dates. Please help by returning your interlibrary loan items on time.
The ILL self-request system is currently undergoing changes. Until updates have been completed, please contact the library to make your request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 776-4741 ext. 141. Thank you for your patience.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I make an ILL request?
The self-request system is currently undergoing changes. Until updates have been completed, please use one of these options to place a request:
- Visit the library’s Information Desk on the first floor, or the Reference Desk on the second floor
- Call us at (785) 776-4741, Ext 173 or Ext 141
- Email us at: email@example.com
If you choose to email your request, please include:
- your name
- your library card number
- preferred method of contact (phone, email, postal mail)
- title of the requested item
- format (book, audiobook, etc.)
Thank you for your patience.
- What is the fee?
There is no fee for this service from library lenders located within the state of Kansas. If the lending library is located outside of the state of Kansas, there may be a fee charged by that library. Prior to being charged, all fees will be approved by you and charged to your library card account. You will be responsible for this fee whether or not you choose to pick up the materials.
- How long will it take to fill my ILL request?
An ILL request to a Kansas library may take 2 – 3 weeks (or longer) to be filled. Out of state requests may take 4 weeks or longer to be completed.
You can contact the Interlibrary Loan office at (785) 776-4741 at Ext. 139, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to check on the status of your request. Please wait until 4 weeks have passed after placing your request to check the status.
When the item you requested arrives, it will be checked out on your card and held for you at the Circulation Desk for the period of the loan.
After placing your request, if you no longer need the item, please notify us as soon as possible so we may try to cancel the request.
- How long may I keep ILL materials? Can they be renewed?
The length of time you may have the materials is determined by the lending library. Some items may be renewed, depending on the approval of the lending library. If you want to renew an item, please call (785) 776-4741, Ext 139, or E-mail Us (email@example.com) to request renewal 3-4 days BEFORE the due date.
- Any other fines and fees?
- Overdue fines of ten cents per day are charged for most interlibrary loan materials, up to a maximum fine of $3.00. Overdue fines of $1.00 a day are charged for book kits and DVDs, up to a maximum fine of $5.00. There is a one-day grace period before fines accrue.
- Borrowers are charged a replacement cost for lost interlibrary loan items for the amount assessed by the lending library. MPL charges a $5.00 processing fee for all lost items.
- Borrowers are responsible for damage done to interlibrary loan materials while in their possession, as assessed by the lending library.