Welcome to the Manhattan Public Library
The library is a great place to get to know the community. Friendly staff will help you explore the library’s wide variety of resources and services. Please ask if you have questions, or let us know how we can help you.
Library cards are free! A library card establishes an account that allows you to borrow books, movies, and magazines, gives you access to public computers, free WiFi, and more. To get a library card, start by completing the online registration then visit the library to pick up your card. Please remember to bring a photo I.D. and proof of address.
Catalog Searches & Categories
To help get you started, check out some of these searches:
With over 154,000 items in our collection, it always helps to have someone point you in the right direction. Check out these recommended links to find interesting materials in our library.
- Novelist Plus – Book recommendations and award lists.
- Book Browse – Find new books using this readers advisory.
- Email Book Lists – Would you love to get reading information sent directly to your mail box each week? Sign up for our Email Book Lists and enjoy all of this and more!
- Newsletter – Manhattan Public Library – Want to keep up to date on what is going on in the library? Sign up for our monthly Book Ends newsletter.
- Interlibrary Loan – Can’t find the book you are looking for in our collection? Then you need to try out the Interlibrary Loan. Search the catalog of other participating librarys to get the content you are looking for.
- Suggest a Purchase – Think a book, video, movie, or game would be suited to our local collection? Submit a Purchase Request today!